Founder & CEO
Role at Waldron
Tom is Founder & CEO of Waldron, a national consulting firm that provides a unique combination of executive search and organizational development services. Over the past four decades Tom and his colleagues have established Waldron as one of the premier consulting firms working with social and private enterprise organizations.
Tom was recruited from business school at the University of Washington to join Botany 500, a major national apparel retailer. In four years he progressed from Trainee to the youngest Regional Manager in the company's history. He then joined Executive Resources, Inc., a Seattle-based firm providing retained search to Fortune 500 companies. Within six years, he was named Partner and opened the firm’s Portland, Oregon and San Francisco offices. In 1982, Tom returned to Seattle to launch Waldron.
- Burke Museum, University of Washington Trustee, Current Governance Chair, Executive Committee Member
- Evergreen Partners, Partner
- Global Partnerships Executive Committee (8 years), Nominating and Governance Chair, Investment Committee Chair
- Pro Mujer, Trustee, Governance Committee
- Seattle International Foundation, Trustee
- University of Washington Evans School of Public Affairs, Board of Advisors
- Past board service: Empowering Women, Host Committee; Global Philanthropy Forum; The International District Medical and Dental Clinic; Seattle Biomed; Washington State Ferry Advisory Committee; Wellspring Family Services; Women's Funding Alliance
Outside of Waldron
Tom and his wife Pam are personally engaged in local and global philanthropic endeavors. “I’m truly fortunate, not everyone has the opportunity to blend their daily work, social network and intellectual interests into one seemless life. Working on social good with organizations deploying tradidional and innovatice soliutions is both stimulating professionally and personally energizing.”
Tom loves the game of tennis and competes in regional and United States Tennis Association (USTA) tournaments. He is a devoted husband and father of two college-age children.
Photo ©Karen Orders Photography